Our Time has won a £1,000 Movement for Good award thanks to nominations from the public.
Our Time is one of 500 winners in specialist insurer Ecclesiastical’s Movement for Good awards, which is giving £1million to charities this summer.
These funds will enable the charity to continue to produce new resources, relevant to the current situation and to scale up support to meet the needs of families.
Members of the public were invited to nominate causes close to their hearts, with 500 gifts of £1,000 available for donation. 13,695 charities were nominated by an amazing 253,879 members of the public.
Dympna Cunnane, CEO of the charity, said: “Our Time charity greatly appreciates the donation of £1,000 from the Movement for Good award which will help us to keep supporting the children and young people who have a parent with a mental illness. Mental illness is still a stigmatised issue in our society, and for that reason, many children and young people are reluctant to ask for help for fear of exposing their family to prejudice and shame. This fund will go towards creating on-line resources which they can access directly during the COVID-19 lockdown, and afterwards. It means the world to these children to know someone cares and they are not forgotten. Thank you for helping to bring hope and courage to these families.”
Mark Hews, Group Chief Executive at Ecclesiastical, said:
“We would like to thank every single person who took the time to nominate a good cause as part of our Movement for Good awards. Ecclesiastical is a unique financial services group. We are owned by a charity which means all available profits can be given to the good causes that are so important to our customers. As a company whose purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society, charitable giving is at the heart of our business. We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives for the better.”
If you would like to know more or are interested in interviewing our team or a young person affected by parental mental illness, please get in touch with the communications team:
- Dympna Cunnane – CEO Our Time – 07800 976 778
- Christina Clarke – Communications Lead Our Time – 07939 563 756
- Email – email@example.com
- Owned by a registered charity, Allchurches Trust, Ecclesiastical is a specialist insurer of the faith, heritage, fine art, charities, education and private client sectors.
- Ecclesiastical is one of the UK’s top five company givers to charity according to the 2017-18 UK Guide to Company Giving. After donating £50million to charity in three years, Ecclesiastical launched a bold vision in 2016 to raise £100million for good causes by the end of 2020. In March 2020, the Group announced it had already raised £96million towards its target. Find out more at www.ecclesiastical.com/ourstory.
About the Movement for Good awards
- Ecclesiastical’s £1million giving programme, the Movement for Good awards, will help charities change lives for the better. Phase one will see 500 charities receive £1,000 while the other £500,000 will be given away later this summer
- The £1,000 awards launch on Wednesday 6 May and is open to all UK-registered charities. From 6 May to 24 May anyone can nominate a registered charity for the chance to receive one of 500 £1,000 awards. The winners will be announced between 1 June and 12 June. For more information visit www.ecclesiastical.com/movementforgood