Top five lockdown activities for young people and families
During the summer of 2020, our lockdown resource library was a great hit among the young people and families we work with. So we thought it would be a great idea to put together a pack of some of our favourites as an easy to share pdf.
The activities can be completed by young people at home or in school – from creating superheroes based on a friend or family member, to creating exciting narratives with story stones. And if you like this, you can find even more resources in our lockdown library.
This also forms part of our toolkit for schools for Children’s Mental Health Week.
Download our top five lockdown activities
1. Who are the superheroes in your life? An imaginative activity, transforming friends and family into superheroes.
2. Consequences: Fun for everyone. This is a great game to play among friends and family members. Even if you are already familiar with the game, there are some great suggestions for how you can adapt it.
3. Story stones. Story stones are fun to make and can be used in a variety of storytelling activities or games.
4. Create an alternative journal. Why not try out some of these neat alternatives on how to write, draw or capture what’s going on in your life?
5. Improve your drawing skills. For any budding sketchers out there, Our Time has gathered a collection of fun ways to warm up and develop your drawing abilities.
Sign me up!
Join our schools mailing list
Sign up for more resources, information and training.